Do you know anything about smartphones with the longest battery life? When trying to choose what smartphone to purchase do you ever consider smartphones that last longer? Or is your focus on the so many other features that make a phone smart? Do things such as display screen size, screen resolution, camera photo quality, processing speed, RAM, and more becloud your judgment as to what you should buy?
Well, whatever influences your choice of a smartphone please do remember that without an excellent or long-lasting battery life you sure cannot enjoy a complete smartphone experience. Everything about a smartphone depends 100% on how long the battery can survive.
The more frequent or functions a phone runs at the same time, the faster it tends to run low on battery. However, not all smartphone batteries are great and can last for so long. But there seems to be a great deal of improvement in the battery lifespan of smartphones these days. To help you enjoy a more excellent phone usage experience here are the 5 top smartphones with the best battery life.
Best big phone category
Huawei Mate 9
From the stable of the renowned Huawei technologies comes the Huawei Mate 9. The Mate 9 offers one of the most significant phone sizes but what’s unique about this smart device is not just the size but the extended battery lifespan.
Now you can imagine how much you can achieve with a battery life of 4,000 mAh. With such an expansive size, you have access to close to 48 hours or more battery life on your smartphone not caring about charging. Here are the specs:
- A display screen of 5.9-inch with resolution 1920 x 1080
- Full HD screen
- 4 GB Ram and 64 GB onboard storage, expandable to 256 GB
- Comes with Octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 960 processor
- Non-removable 4,000 mAh battery
- It offers a rear camera of 20 and 12 MP and a front camera of 8 MP
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Motorola Moto Z Play
The Moto Z Play offers an excellent low-end phone by the Motorola Company below $400, but with attributes, you sure want to have one. It comes with a sleek body, curvy edges, a glass screen, and such aesthetic value for a less pricey phone.
The Motorola Z Play is also unique for its non-removable 3,510 mAh battery life and over 23 hours of exciting moments. Moto Z Play features sustained talk time, browsing, gaming, or musical experience. Another interesting accessory is the Moto Mod that comes with a back cover and allows you to make attachments to the phone. Here are some specs:
- A 5.5-inch screen display and 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- A rear camera of 16 MP and a front camera of 5MP.
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- 3GB Ram, 32 GB internal storage, and expandable to 1 TB
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom
Ever concerned about the need to keep your battery like juicy and enjoy excellent phone moments? Then the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom presents a solution to faster battery drains. Now enjoy 2 hours more battery life than even the Samsung Galaxy 8Plus in the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom.
The Zenfone 3 Zoom is also unique with its double rear camera feature and a front camera that all add to the photo-centric nature of the device. Now let’s run through its key specs:
- 20 hours of battery life with 5,000 mAh non-removable battery.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- AMOLED Gorilla Glass 5 display resolution of 1920 x 1080
- 5.5-inch dual SIM phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.
- It has 3 GB RAM, an onboard memory of 32GB, expandable microSD of 2 TB.
Google Pixel XL
With the Google Pixel XL what you have is nothing short of a midrange phone that delivers unique features at an excellent price. But one key thing about this phone is the fact that with a battery capacity of 3,450 mAh you can enjoy even a nice gaming session of up to 5 hours.
The Google Pixel provides most of the essential functions you could ever desire in a smartphone. Also, it offers excellent camera sharpness and screen resolution to heighten the pleasure of a time out with Google Pixel XL. Some of the specs include:
- A large AMOLED screen display window of 5.5-inch and 2560 x 1440 resolution.
- Its non-removable battery delivers up to 20 hours of battery power.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.
- It has 4 GB RAM and onboard storage of 32/128 GB without an expandable microSD slot.
- Android 7.1 Nougat.
- The single rear camera of 12.3 MP and front camera of 8 MP
Best below $500 category
One Plus 5
For a little below $500, you can walk away with the One Plus 5 smartphone. One plus 5 offers an innovative design with a long-lasting non-removable battery of 3,300 mAH.
Having in hand a battery with a lifespan of 3,300 mAH I must confess is an asset because it affords you over 20 hours of talk time.
With the excellent features of the One Plus 5, you sure can go on enjoying those precious moments. Except for the non-inclusion of an expandable microSD card slot, One Plus 5 comes as a good choice. Here are the specs:
- A 5.5-inch (AMOLED) display screen with 1920 x 1080 resolutions, 401ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
- 6/8 GB RAM
- A 20 and 16 MP dual rear camera and a 16 MP front camera ensures high-quality photos.
- It uses a 64/128 GB onboard storage with no expandable storage slot.
- A Newer version of Oxygen OS and Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
How long does the battery last in a Samsung Galaxy?
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
No doubt the Galaxy Note 8 is an intriguing smartphone to have but for some reason, the S8 Plus offers an equally impressive experience but with a little more battery life. With a non-removable battery with a life of 3,500 mAh, the S8 Plus still rocks as a high-end smartphone to have.
Its curvy edges, sleek nature, water-resistance, metal casing, glass screen. In a nutshell, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is arguably the smartphone for 2017. Here are some specs:
- Super AMOLED 5.8-inch I. display screen of 2960 x 1440 resolutions.
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage, expandable microSD of 256 GB.
- Rear camera of 12 MP, a front camera of 8 MP.
How long-lasting is the battery life of the iPhone?
iPhone 8 Plus
In the world of smartphones, iPhones are known for their quality and offer great aesthetic values to justify their high-end and pricey nature. One of the iPhones with the best battery life is the iPhone 8 Plus that creates a parchment to help you manage power usage efficiently.
The iPhone 8 Plus uses the A11 Bionic processor, a chip that helps boost the phones’ performance and results in better battery conservation. Another exciting feature of the iPhone 8 Plus is the Qi Standard which creates the possibility of charging the phone via wireless technology. Other notable features include:
- Water and dust resistant
- 5.5 Retina HD display window
- iOS 11 operation system
- A 12MP rear camera and 7 MP front camera
- Up to 2 weeks of standby time and 21 hours of talk time
- It has 2 GB RAM and 64 – 256 GB of internal storage
- Display screen of 4.7-inch with 1334 x 750 resolution
While phones with the longest battery life might not be the core consideration for you, it sure pays to enjoy peak performance from your smart device. And only with a smartphone that can guarantee less worry about juicing up your battery life can ensure the best or brightest phone usage experience.